Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Patience

I quit! That's what I sometimes say to myself but I really don't mean it. What's the use of trying to teach or share with someone? You're suppose to be the master the one that has the solutions to the problem even if it means seeking help from another source. The one who supposedly has the mental capacity to focus and have control over his/her emotions. There is always frustration no matter who you are. I guess I get frustrated when people simply think of the art as a joke. When people are not patient enough to stick with the program. Most will assume and believe that things can be done in just a few short weeks.
Most of us that have been around for a while understand the necessity to be patient and that repetition is important to anything even in school your job and in general everyday life. How will anything get better or improve if you don't have patience. Some people just don't get it they don't have the patience to endure, everyone is looking instant gratification. Those that do stick with it, find a way to be successful.
You have to have the mindset to want and train hard in any of the arts. It is not always the instructor who is responsible for your achievement.  It is up to the individual him or herself.
I remember back to days when I trained with my master in Korea. He didn't have to say to me what I should do when I left his dojang at night. I just knew that if I was going to be good at what it was he was showing me then I had to put in some extra effort. That effort was repetition away from the dojang. Not solely relying on his guidance in my training but understanding that all he was sharing with me the real burden of improvement in my techniques was up to me. I had no one to blame for my poor execution but me.
Today most think that you can magically transform them into a martial artist. They have to realize that the transformation starts with them. Of course it is still my responsibility to get the point across and what is the point.
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment